DEADLINE FOR PAPERS SUBMISSION: February, 01, 2021
THE UKRAINIAN INSTITUTE FOR HAPPINESS RESEARCH (Ukraine)
EPOKA UNIVERSITY (Albania)
UNIVERSITY OF PERUGIA (Italy)
G.S. KOSTIUK INSTITUTE OF PSYCHOLOGY OF NAES OF UKRAINE (Ukraine)
BOGOMOLETS NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (Ukraine) DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY, BIOETHICS AND HISTORY OF MEDICINE
TARAS SHEVCHENKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYIV (Ukraine) FACULTY OF PSYCHOLOGY
WORLD FEDERATION OF UKRAINIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONS
Pursuit of happiness becomes crucial in a contemporary person’s mindset. Happiness becomes an object of neuroscientific and psychological studies. Relation of happiness to values, morality and freedom evokes baffling problems in philosophy. Happiness and human flourishing become a true criterion of economic and social development.
Our conference aims to create the European platform of an interdisciplinary international discussion on happiness and to attract scientific and public attention to the relevance of happiness problem for contemporary societies. We invite for discussion researchers in philosophy, medicine, neuroscience, biochemistry, biology, psychology, sociology, political science, economics, pedagogy and anthropology. We invite managers and businessmen to share their experience and to enrich their knowledge in raising business effectiveness.
Suggested areas for discussion:
- Contemporary philosophy of happiness.
- Positive psychology.
- Happiness and neuroscience.
- Happiness and healthcare.
- Happiness and economic development.
- Happiness and education system.
- Happiness, civil society, law and state management.
❗❗❗ The conference will be held online on Zoom platform, but participants are welcome to arrive in Lviv if epidemiological situation will be favourable. If a participant cannot neiter join Zoom meeting, nor arrive inLviv, there is an option to send a recorded video of a speech to the Organizing Committee in advance.
❗❗❗ Since our mission is to popularize scientific knowledge on happiness, there will be a live stream of the conference on Youtube and Facebook and the video record of the conference will be in free access.
PRE-LIST OF ORGANIZERS:
Roman PURII, MD, MBA, Director and Co-funder of the Ukrainian Institute for Happiness Research (Ukraine);
Uliana LUSHCH–PURII, PhD, Associate Professor, Co-funder and Coordinator of International Cooperation of The Ukrainian Institute for Happiness Research, Department of Philosophy and Economics at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (Ukraine);
Claudia MAZZESCHI, PhD, Dean of the Department of Philosophy, Social Science and Education University of Perugia (Italy);
Marco MOSCHINI, PhD, Professor of the Department of Philosophy, Social Science and Education University of Perugia (Italy);
Timothy HAGEN, PhD, Head of the Department of Business Administration, Director of Yunus Center for Social Business and Sustainability, Epoka University (Albania);
Eglantina HYSA, PhD, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Economics, , Epoka University (Albania);
Serhii MAKSYMENKO, Prof., Dr. Sc., Academician of NAES of Ukraine, Director of G.S. Kostiuk Institute of Psychology of NAES of Ukraine (Ukraine);
Liudmyla SERDIUK, Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor, Head of Chamata Laboratory of Psychology of Personality, G.S. Kostiuk Institute of Psychology of NAES of Ukraine (Ukraine);
Iryna VASYLIEVA, Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Philosophy, Bioethics and History of Medicine, Bogomolets National Medical University (Ukraine);
Natalia ISHCHUK, Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, Bioethics and History of Medicine, Bogomolets National Medical University, The Ukrainian Institute for Happiness Research (Ukraine);
Andrii BAZYLEVYCH, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, President of the World Federation of Ukrainian Medical Associations, Department of Propedeutics of Internal Medicine #1 at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, The Ukrainian Institute for Happiness Research (Ukraine);
Ivan DANYLIUK, Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Psychology, Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine);
Ladislav KOVÁČ, Dr.Sc.,Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University (Slovakia).
SPECIAL GUESTS of the conference: Dr John ARDEN, Northern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers (USA); Dan HAYBRON, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, Missouri, USA)
AND PUBLICATION IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. To register and to choose a way of participation, fill out the online form following the link: https://cutt.ly/mgFgQwZ
2. For participants from abroad (countries except Ukraine) participation, publication of a paper in the Conference Proceedings, e-version of the Certificate, the Program and the Conference Proceedings volume is free. NO FEE REQUIRED.
*Participants who want a printed paper version the Conference Proceedings volume must cover the price of a book and shipping expenses.
Fee for participants from Ukraine: see a Ukrainian version of the online form: http://ukr-happiness-institute.com/druga-mizhnarodna-naukova-konferenciya-shhastya-ta-suchasne-suspilstvo-berezen-20-21-2021-lviv-ukra%d1%97na/
3. The Conference Proceedings with ISBN will be published before the conference and each paper will have DOI index.
4. All participants whose papers are accepted for publication will receive a Certificate of a Participant, regardless to the fact whether they present a speech.
5. Papers for submission should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Deadline for papers submission: February, 01, 2021.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS
1. Language – English.
2. At least 1 page and no more than 4 pages A4, that is NO LESS than 4 000 characters with spaces NO MORE than 16 000 characters with spaces.
3. Times New Roman 12.
Line spacing – 1.
Alignment – justified text.
Margins: top, bottom, left and right – 2.
File format – Microsoft Word (*.doc *.docх).
4. Structure of an abstract:
1) in the right top corner indicate a code of a suggested area for discussion your topic is relevant to: number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
2) next line centered – name and surname of the author;
3) next line centered – scientific degree;
4) next line centered – affiliation (with no abbreviation), city and country;
5) if there are two or more co-authors, information about each co-author separately is indicated below the first co-author;
6) next line centered – TITLE in bold with all capital letters;
7) ABSTRACT (100 – 200 words)
8) KEY WORDS (3 – 6) justified;
9) text of a paper justified;
10) references (not required but desirable) are indicated below the text with a title: REFERENCES
5. The text should be grammatically correct, correspond to the requirements of the English academic writing.
6. The author is responsible for the relevance and rightness of all scientific facts referred to in an abstract.
Materials of the First International Scientific Conference “HAPPINESS AND CONTEMPORARY SOCIETY” March, 20 – 21, 2020, Lviv (Ukraine) are available here: